To us, a total motorcycle restoration is more than a spray can paint job and a new set of wheels.
We believe it involves assessing the vehicle's overall condition and knowing what's involved to return it to original, if not better, condition that when it left the factory 30, 40, even 50 years ago.
Our restorations create more than just a pretty bike, but a mechanically sound, reliable motorcycle you can enjoy for years to come with proper maintenance.
Restoration includes not only the parts that can be seen: the frame, trim, chrome, wheels, speedometer and tachometer, but also the engine, brakes, cooling system, electrical wiring, and fluid systems.
Leaves no nut or bolt untouched, no painted surface unpolished, no wiring untested, and
no part goes without inspection, repair, improvements, or upgrades
• a complete disassembly down to the frame
• a thorough cleaning & inspection of the frame & all parts
• review of all safety items
• cleaning & sealing the inside of the gasoline tank
• engine or transmission overhaul/rebuild
• carburetor cleaning or rebuild & new fuel lines
• electrical system upgrades or a new wiring harness
• brake & master cylinder rebuilding
• replacement of all cables, hoses, lines, tires, rubber parts, etc.
• re-chroming or re-Cad plating of parts & hardware
• refurbishing or replacement of all bolts, nuts, screws & other hardware
• professional body work & painting
• re-lacing of spoke wheels & new tires & inspection of wheel bearings
• steering bearings replaced or repacked
• new seat foam & cover
• polish & shine the aluminum parts ... to name just a few items
Finding parts for an especially rare or unusual motorcycle parts made of
"unobtainium" is a job unto itself.
Also, we often must correct previous
"restorations" or service work to bring a bike up to our mechanical standards & general safety.
The focus here is on mechanical repairs and a limited number of cosmetics such as painting, polishing, re-plating, or re-chroming.
Major mechanical components are:
• Carburetor Rebuilding - more than a cleaning but a complete overhaul & replacement of certain parts
• Engine Rebuilding - top end, bottom end, or complete with cylinder boring & piston/rings replacement
• Transmission Rebuilding - from new bearings, shift forks or gears to crank shaft regrinding or replacement
• Electrical System Overhaul - replace wiring harness, install combo regulator/rectifier, install Boyer Bransden electronic ignition, remove points, correct "home-made" wiring systems, and service 6, 12, and 24-volt systems
• Brake or Suspension Rebuild - brake caliper rebuild, master cylinder rebuild, replace hoses or brake shoes/pads, replace shocks or front fork seals.
• Level B Limited Cosmetic work - limited amount of painting, polish, re-chroming, re-plating, new bolts, hardware - anything non-mechanical.
• For a list of all the services we offer, visit our Services page
Copyright © 2018 MORGAN CYCLE SUPPLY & SERVICE - All Rights Reserved.